CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

To Donate

Would love it if you could donate a dollar or two but it is not necessary Thank You

Please note a lot of my older files have been removed. I'm sorry but I will not be re-releasing them. They are gone forever.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Goo Gone who would have THUNK!

So I went to wal*mart last night in search of
a spray bottle of Goo Gone
And what did I find?
Well just that a spray bottle of the most wonderful
money saying citrus smelling liquid gold
in a bottle and for only
$4.97

So what did I need this wonderful stuff for
well that is where the money saving part comes in
If you spray a light coat of this on your old cricut mat
and let it sit for about 1 minute
Then use an old credit card and scrape across the mat
All the old dirty sticky stuff
will magically come off Wash said mat is warm soapy water.
I then tape the edges with blue painters tape and lightly mist with water then add a few
drops of Arlene's Tack it over and over
 use a foam brush and cover the whole mat
let it dry (without the plastic cover)
and wala a mat that is as good as new (Maybe even better than new)

This just in from Beanie's
Sunday Morning Tips & Tricks
Pin It!

8 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks for the great tip! So, I have some Goo Gone already, does this work to take off the old sticky as well?

Sue from Oregon said...

oh goodness...I will have to try this...great tip!

kramer_buffy said...

where on walmart did you find the spray?

-- dalis

Carol Ric said...

Yes this is a great project! I have been doing this for a few months now and I love it!

beanie said...

Yes that is what it does it takes off everything that is on the surface of the mat then just apply you sticky and almost as good as new some even better. The GooGone in the spray I found in the home repair near the paint thinner....

cal8007 said...

Thanks a lot Beanie! I knew about the goo gone spray, but I didn't know about the glue. I have it and I am going to try it!

Hugs and happy cutting!

Carmen

Anastasia said...

Goo Gone didn't work for me. I had to use a lot of elbow grease to get the gunk off. It was a messy disappointment. A friend of mine using fantastick. I haven't tried it yet but probably will be soon.

I also haven't tried Aleene's to resurface my mats. I use the big broad tipped zig glue pen. works great!

JodyBlonde said...

I too have been using this tip only I used way too much tack it over and over! It was so sticky I could not "condition" it (put your hands on the mat and pulling them off about ten times or so). I also use diaper wipes for in between! Just scrub with a couple of wipes, let dry and it's sticky again!